Entries in album (7)
Elizabeth had an exciting year, marked by significant projects, travels, and changes. Here are 13 highlights of '13:
1. Appearing alongside Bobby McFerrin, Chick Corea, Dave Grusin, Mark O'Connor, Terence Blanchard, Shelly Berg, Eric Owens, and Desmond Richardson at Miami's Adrienne Arsht Center for a special, one-time-only "Jazz at the Philharmonic" event
2. Meeting and playing for Yo-Yo Ma and Nancy Pelosi at the Green Music Center
3. Performing at Disneyland for the MTNA National Conference's closing gala
4. Presenting on creative risk-taking at the EG Conference
5. Performing Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue in subscription concerts with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra
6. Filming and releasing The Rite of Spring: A Musical Odyssey, a 10-part film homage to Stravinsky's seminal work
7. Traveling to Iceland for the first time for a chamber music residency with Decoda
8. Recording an all-Mozart piano duo album (to be released in February 2014)
9. Starting and shaping a new residency at Sonoma State University community as Weill Hall Artists-in-Residence with Trio Ariadne
10. Autumn trip to London (special project TBA)
12. Concerts in Palm Beach, Santa Fe, Hawaii, and other breathtaking places throughout the US
13. Anderson & Roe's second tour of China (including recitals at China's top concert halls: the NCPA in Beijing, Shanghai Oriental Art Center, Shenzhen Concert Hall, and Guangzhou's Xinghai Concert Hall)
As always, more music and adventures to come .... Happy New Year to all!
The Declassified had a tremendously successful Launch Week, including a high-profile feature in The New York Times: The Soul of a New Ensemble: Musicians as Entrepreneurs.
Speaking of The Declassified, here is a video of Elizabeth and cellist Claire Bryant introducing the ensemble at a January 2012 concert in Greenfield, MA:
What's next? There is an Anderson & Roe Piano Duo CD release event at the Galapagos Art Space in Brooklyn, NY, as well as a varied summer of duo, chamber music, solo and concerto concerts Stateside and abroad. Please check the Schedule for the latest updates.
And be sure to check out Bruce Hodges' rave review of When Words Fade in the latest issue of The Juilliard Journal.
When Words Fade (Steinway & Sons) has re-entered the top ten on the Billboard Traditional Classical Album Chart, reaching No. 3 this week! The album has spent seven weeks on the charts; revisit the album details here.
Happy New Year! Elizabeth and duo partner Greg Anderson have reached the No. 2 spot on the Billboard Traditional Classical Albums chart! Here is a new trailer for When Words Fade: